Owing to a surge in COVID-19 infections in the past few weeks, His Excellency, President E. D. Mnangagwa has decided to defer the opening of schools which had been slated for the 10th of January 2022. However, Ordinary and Advanced Level examinations will resume as scheduled on the 3rd of January albeit under strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The decision will be reviewed after two weeks.
Meanwhile learners can take advantage of several alternative learning programmes availed by the Ministry in conjunction with education partners and these include, among others:
- Radio and television lessons
- The Learning Passport (https://mopsezw.learningpassport.unicef.org/)
- Ruzivo digital (https://www.ruzivodigitallearning.co.zw/)
- Dzidzo paden (Send hi to 0787064484 on WhatsApp)
- Open and Distance Learning (ODL) modules (digital and print)
- Grade 7 study guides
- ECD storybooks
Downloadable learning materials are also available on the Ministry’s website (www.mopse.co.zw).